The Juniper Mint Scalp Therapy Shampoo is a unique, clinically developed treatment made using a rich blend of therapeutic oils and natural ingredients to give dramatic improvements to the health of your scalp and hair. It is formulated to eliminate a range of problematic scalp symptoms such as dryness, dandruff, irritation and inflammation. This luxury formula optimises conditions for hair growth and imparts long lasting moisture leaving your hair soft, shiny and in excellent condition.
- Greatly improves the health of your scalp
- Treats a wide range of scalp problems
- Optimizes the ability of the scalp to produce hair
- Natural oils leave hair shiny and in excellent condition
How does Juniper Mint Scalp Therapy Shampoo work?
To make an unhealthy scalp healthy, three things need to happen:
1. Any scale on the scalp needs to be removed.
2. The level of micro-organisms on the scalp needs to be controlled.
3. Fast growing, and scale forming, skin cells on the scalp need to be slowed.
The Juniper Mint Scalp Therapy Shampoo works in the following ways:
1. Removal of scale. The combination of the special therapeutic oils and gentle but highly effective cleansing agents in this shampoo loosen and clear scale from the scalp allowing it to be washed away, leaving your scalp clean and fresh.
2. Controlling micro-organisms. A common cause of an unhealthy scalp is a micro-organism called Malassezia furfur. This fungus is always present on the scalp but when, for one reason or another, the level of the skin’s natural oil (called sebum) increases and/or there are minor changes to the composition of sebum due to ill health, diet, stress, hormonal changes and other factors, then conditions improve for the proliferation of the Malassezia furfur fungus resulting in scalp itching, flaking, inflammation, spots, dandruff, seborrheic dermatitis and other problems. The Juniper Mint Scalp Therapy Shampoo is composed of natural therapeutic oils; Corn Mint, Thyme, Tea Tree and Rosemary Oils all have highly effective antiseptic and anti-microbial properties which eliminate high levels of the micro-organisms, clear scale and stop itching and tenderness.
3. Controlling skin cell growth. This is fundamental to the success of a treatment and something other treatments usually fail to address. One of the most common symptoms of an unhealthy scalp is that the skin cells of the scalp form too quickly. Normally it takes about 28 days for the cells which have formed at the base of the epidermis (the outer part of the skin) to move through the skin and to reach the surface (this process is called the epidermal turnover). Once at the surface these skin cells, which are now dead, come away when we wash our hair. But when the scalp is unhealthy the rate at which these cells travel through the skin is greatly increased, so it is common for the cells to reach the surface of the skin in 14 days or less rather than the normal 28, and in some skin disorders it can be much faster than that. With psoriasis, for example, it can take only 3 days for this to occur. This increase in dead skin cells results in the formation of scale on the surface of the scalp. When this occurs the level of micro-organisms (which we all have on our skin) increases causing even more scale to form. The Juniper Mint Scalp Therapy Shampoo contains Juniper oil which is extracted from Spanish juniper trees and gives the shampoo a slight tar-like smell. This has a soothing and calming effect on the scalp tissues and causes the fast growing skin cells to slow down to a regular rate of growth, allowing the scalp’s metabolism to return to a normal, healthy state so no further scale forms on the scalp.
Keeping your scalp healthy
Because there are many things that can cause your scalp to become unhealthy; illness, stress, overwork, diet, etc. (eating too much cheese, for example, can trigger dandruff in some people) it is a good idea to use the Juniper Mint Scalp Therapy Shampoo once every week, or two weeks, to maintain your scalp in perfect health and your hair in good condition.
What are the effects of the Juniper Mint Scalp Therapy Shampoo on the hair?
The Juniper Mint Scalp Therapy Shampoo doesn’t just improve the health of your scalp, it also has excellent effects on your hair.
Moisturising and conditioning your hair
The rich essential oils from which the Juniper Mint Scalp Therapy Shampoo is made, along with naturally derived conditioning and moisture-binding agents, replenish moisture in the hair fibres and increase the hair’s strength and elasticity, so reducing breakage and leaving your hair feeling naturally healthy and in excellent condition.
Hair loss reduction
In a study carried out at the University of Liège in Belgium, when an anti-microbial agent called piroctone olamine was incorporated into a shampoo at a level of 1% it had a significant effect in the prevention of hair loss in men and the encouragement of new hair growth. Please see information regarding the University of Liège study under ‘Piroctone Olamine Test Hair Loss Report’ on this website. Because of the findings of this study along with positive results from the subsequent use of shampoos containing 1% piroctone olamine in clinical practice, and because of many requests from people wanting to use this treatment, we have incorporated piroctone olamine in the Juniper Mint Scalp Therapy Shampoo at 1% so allowing it to give similar results to those obtained in the University of Liège study.
Why is the Juniper Mint Scalp Therapy Shampoo different to conventional anti-dandruff shampoos?
Many ordinary anti-dandruff shampoos use harsh chemicals which, although they clear scale and give temporary relief, aggravate underlying sensitive scalp tissues and stimulate the epidermal turnover so causing more dead skin cells to build up on the scalp, dandruff flakes to form, and the problem to continue.
It is extremely important when treating scalp disorders that the treatment does more than just superficially clear scale from the surface of the scalp. It should have a soothing and anti-irritant effect on the scalp so that the epidermal turnover is returned to a normal level; otherwise the problems will continue to occur as cells build up on the surface of the scalp.
The Juniper Mint Scalp Therapy Shampoo works in a different way to ordinary anti-dandruff shampoos.
Because it is formulated with natural, therapeutic oils it not only clears scale and reduces the level of micro-organisms on the scalp but, very importantly, it has a soothing and calming effect on the scalp tissues. This allows the rate of cellular reproduction to slow and the epidermal turnover to revert back to a normal and healthy level, leaving the scalp clear of scale, fresh and healthy, and allowing the hair to grow well and remain in excellent condition.
How to use the Juniper Mint Scalp Therapy Shampoo
Wet hair thoroughly and apply the shampoo, gently massage into the hair and scalp and leave for about three minutes before rinsing to allow the active ingredients to take effect. Apply an appropriate conditioner according to your hair type. If you wash your hair daily one lather is enoug At the start use the shampoo every day or every other day, then as your scalp improves reduce to twice a week for a few weeks. Eventually use the Juniper Mint Scalp Therapy Shampoo once a week to maintain a healthy scalp and hair.
Available at Ipswich Trichology Hair & Scalp Clinic:
Juniper Mint Therapy Shampoo – 250ml – £16.50
More information from the manufacturer: http://www.tonymaleedyhair.com/index.html